Monday, December 8, 2014

Thanksgiving and Hannah's Birthday Weekend

So, for the three of you who read this blog regularly, I thought I'd let you know about my 30th birthday weekend and our first Thanksgiving together  (I was in Italy last year).

So, for my big 3-0, I told Nick I just wanted a relaxing weekend. Since my birthday was on a Sunday this year, Nick started spoiling me as soon as I got home from work on Friday. He cooked me amazing meals (not out of the ordinary, but he did the dishes too, which is usually my chore), he surprised me with gifts on Saturday and Sunday, flowers, a massage, Amy Poehler's new book (really stellar, by the way) among others, and watched the first two Hunger Games movies on Sarurday so that we could go see the new one at the cute little theater in town on my birthday. He, even more than normal, made me feel special and appreciated, and I am so thankful. 

Then as we were discussing the upcoming g holiday meal I said I thought we should have halibut since we still have so much from Alaska, and Nick responded with unexpected passion, "No. We have to have turkey, and stuffing, and..." Ha! I had no idea, but apparently Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday all because of the meal. Our menu was turkey legs (so much easier than a whole bird!), stuffing, roasted root vegetable medley, and mashed sweet/white potato blend with apple crumble pie for dessert. Goose came out and we had a lovely relaxing holiday playing cards and hanging out. The next day was much of the same, except Goose and Nick went kayaking too. 

 
Birthday goodies



Scout was really interested in the turkey legs.



Scout loves Goose.







3 comments:

  1. I read your blog regularly :). Glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! Happy Birthday! Happy Thanksgiving! I love you! I love your life! xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete