Friday, June 20, 2014

D-I-why?!?

Y'all. I had grand ambitions when I started this blog. I was reading so many RV rehab blogs with beautiful multi picture posts detailing each step of the demo and renovation. That, obviously has not happened. It turns out, it takes a lot of energy to do this, and I haven't had a lot to devote to updating you fabulous people on how it's been going. Now that we're almost done, I can say: AWESOME!

But! it has been a process. There were some weary moments early on, while peeling scraps of shiny vinyl wall paper off the walls, or  even two days ago making a cut 6 times for trim on the floor and STILL having the wrong angle when the thought crossed my mind: "Why are we doing this?"

And now that pictures and curtains are starting to be hung I can definitively say: because it makes it so completely ours. Every ounce of stress and energy has been absolutely worth it.

In addition to all the lovely interior work, Nick and his uncle Doug have been checking and tuning up all of the mechanical bits and machinery. Guess what kids? Everything works like a dream! Fridge, check. Freezer, check. Generator, AC, Heat: check! Pretty stellar.

We're planning to leave in 10 days. Tomorrow we re-seal the roof and we're pretty much ready to move in! So thrilled to finally be at the fun part!

And now, your little virtual timeline of all the pictures I had intended to show you along the way. All at once. Think of it as binge picture viewing.

weird accordion doors? out.

detail shot of weird shiny vinyl wallpaper of my nightmares.

whomp whomp. water damage.

hahaha, I thought I could sand that down. silly girl. 

this guy.

yeah, see all that mauve? that was the headboard. 
(also bathtub sans similar accordion shower door.)

so. much. caulk.

ripping out all the wood. he found some wet wood everyday for a week, and by the end of it, we had trashed pretty much the entire loft. sad panda. 

ripping it up smelled like black mold and sounded like baby pterodactyls.


yes!

love me some power tools!


wow! that awning looks great!

*no pictures from the week of wall cleaning, priming, and painting week. it was exhausting and I forgot my phone a lot. 

pretty and white!


hey, look ma, no carpet!






then we took a break, and went to NYC to visit my fabulous sister before we head west! 
we went to the museum of natural history. things got silly.

highline!

d'aw.

This week we have done floors, trim, and finishing, but I don't have those pictures off my phone yet. Promise to start updating more consistently!

No comments:

Post a Comment